Saturday, January 15, 2011

Buskers at Temple Bar

Buskers Night Club in Temple Bar

Saturday night Derek and I decided it was high time that I went to my first dance club in Dublin.   Strangely enough, they played many top 40 songs, but also played ones like 9-5 by Dolly Parton (which particularly made me feel at home) and Shout by the Isley Brothers.    I also found out how expensive it is to drink in Dublin.  Beers are moderately priced at about 5 euros, but a shot of Smirnoff is anywhere between 5-6 euros which equals about 7 dollars and then the coke is an additional 3 euros.   So in total one vodka and coke can cost you about 10-12 dollars depending on the venue.   It looks like I'll either be carrying a flask with me or drinking at home first.    


Hard Rock Cafe Dublin

Temple Bar is notorious for drunken Irish males looking for female tourists.   The name Temple Bar seems that it is a specific bar, but it is actually an area of Dublin named after Sir William Temple of 1609.  It boasts a lively night life and during the day has many street performers.  



No comments:

Post a Comment