Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Eve


I got to see quite a bit of Dublin yesterday.   Derek was helping me run some of the many errands I have during the day.   The Irish people are definitely an interesting bunch;  within five minutes there was a fart and run that happened on Derek's leg and I saw a little ole' man that stole something from the outside of a shop and ran.

We were going into a shop, but had to wait for a guy to turn before we could go in.  Thank God that Derek was in front of me because this man ripped the loudest fart about three inches away from Derek.   I will forever remember the look Derek gave me in disgust and shock as he realized it was a walk-by farting.    As I am waiting outside the shop and still laughing at what happened I looked to my left to see a man that was probably about 4'5 and around 70 take something off one of the shelves stick it under his jacket and run with it.   These Irish people are an interesting lot of people. 


After this we went on an hunt for a new hair straightener which was more of an ordeal that I thought it would be.   There is a catalog store here that is nothing like we have back in the United States.   The first Argos store we went to was sold out of the one that I wanted, so it we had to go to another one that was on the other side of the city.    We had a chance to stop by St. Stephan's Green after we went to the shop.  The lake was half frozen, but there were still ducks and two swans there.







Derek also took me out to dinner at the Conrad Hilton for an amazing dinner for the two of us for New Years Eve.   After dinner, we walked up to Christchurch area to listen to the bells ring in the new year.   I honestly couldn't have asked for a more fantastic evening with Derek.    


No comments:

Post a Comment